Report Abuse

Global Vacation system

We ended up not doing business with Michael Dean or Global Vacation System. Although we couldn't prove that it wouldn't work out, we were just sacrificing too much. Everything we were given from paperwork to their explanations was just vague. After asking Michael about all the legal terms, he said that they would send the paperwork AFTER we give them our credit card number for $7500. Although the papers to sign for the credit card did say that we could have a stop payment, we realized that you could only do this within 24 hours of the transaction. Michael said the whole process would take a week before we would see the remaining $57,500 for our property. That means you wait around for a week waiting for expected payment while they take your $7500 down payment for supposed Mexican "VAT" that you can now not cancel because it has been over the 24 hour cancellation period. I just thought it was a load of BS and said that I would be happy to do the transaction as long as they supplied the VAT. Michael's response was "This is the way we do business, if you don't like it, then GVS cannot help with purchasing the property". I looked on all the real estate laws and found that Mexican VAT is only for property located in Mexico. Our property is located in the United States. Michael's response to this was that the transaction was taking place in Mexico, but I came back telling him that his company, Global Vacation System, is located in Florida (supposedly). That's not my problem if their company is so scandalous that THEY want to do the transaction in Mexico to avoid paying US taxes. Like everyone else has said, it's just too good to be true. They made an insane offer on our property which was actually more than we bought it for without even looking at it! All in all, if you're thinking about it, DON'T DO IT!!!