Report Abuse

Top of the Mountain

My husband & I upgraded our units, in April 2007, to the new buildings, that would soon be under construction, on the mountain top. Owner occupancy in Spring of 2008. These are now under construction on the top of the mountain. Grand Bedroom Deluxe and Grand Deluxe, is what we purchased. We were expecting to be able to use our units this Spring, either in April or May. Of course there were permit delays, weather delays and etc. We understood that. We were told at that time, we would have occupancy, by mid July. Again more weather related delays and numerous other delays. Well as with any new construction we again understood this. We were told that we would not be able to use our units now until Mid November, around the 15. (By engineering dept) The reason being this time was, all the appliances were ready to go in each unit and the furniture as well as all of the other neccessary furnishings to make our new units beautiful . Well guess what?? Once again, we cannot use our units. EXCUSE this time WELL they just aren't ready. Now after months of promises and delays we are getting just a little bit unhappy. After talking to somone in management recently, I was told that the 5 star resturant was completed and the new Spa. Of course the buildings were put on the back burner because thier constructions crews were busy with the 5 star resturant, and constructions of the Spa. Bottom line, we owners, that had upgraded to a very pricey, 2 week vacation had been put aside to complete another pricey project at the resort. We were told in good faith that we would be able to use our units the Spring of 2008. I would like to know if there are any other owners reading this, that have had the same problem with thier new purchase of these units on the mountain top or with upgrading. As of today, Sept 14, 2008 we have yet been able to book our weeks( any unit) at Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort. According to resveravations office in FLA they are booked everytime I have called, no matter what week or weeks I request. Now is there something wrong with this picture or what, or is it just me? I would your feedback.