Report Abuse

Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

I have little new information at this time except to encorage others to contact the FLorida Attorney Genral's Office: Main office mailing address: Office of Attorney General State of Florida The Capitol PL-01 Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050 To contact Attorney General Bill McCollum please email: ag.mccollum@myfloridalegal.com Main office telephone numbers: Switchboard: 850-414-3300 Citizens Services: 850-414-3990 Here is an example of a letter: ============================================= Dear Mr. McCollum, Attorney General State of Florida, I and several timeshare owners have a serious dilemma; the Starwood Vacation Ownership Company (parent company to multiple Sheraton Vistana Condominium Associations) is trying to collect between $754 and $2042 per timeshare holder for renovations in addition to the annual maintenance fee of $900. This is ridiculous especially at a time when the economy is doing poorly, banks are failing and businesses are closing. : (add your own personal touch) : What I would like for the Attorney’s General’s Office to do is to stop Starwood Vacation Ownership from collecting this “renovation fee” until an investigation can be done to discover what Starwood Vacation Ownership does with the annual “maintenance fee” each timeshare owner pays. Secondly, discover if Starwood Vacation Ownership is justified in collecting an additional $2042.00 above the annual maintenance fee. In other words, as one of many upset people who are stuck with ownership in these timeshares, I would like someone to take the side of the owners and stop the wasteful and arbitrary spending by these associations under the Starwood Vacation Ownership. Thank you for you time and consideration, ============================================== Naturally, the dollar figures above reflect my costs and may not reflect your costs. However, I think it is important that the AG's Office be made aware of this situation as I (and others) feel that this extra fee being levied by the Board is excessive and a result of years of mis-management. No one should be expected to pay $900 annual maintenance and then another $2,042 in additional fees!! Please email, write a letter and/or call the AG's office this week. Also, send a letter or email message to Fox News, CNN, or even your local news station. We need to get as many people involved in this as possible to keep the pressure on the Board to find a more sensible solution. Thank you!