Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

I have been reading the reviews. When I purchased all 5 of my timehsares at SVR I read everything that went with owning a timeshare prior to purchase. I did understand that if any refurbishments get done that as an owner I would be responsible for additional costs. Our MF'S cover daily situations to all units but refurbishments allow us to have a new unit that others may be paying 10,000 + for upon a sale from the resort.. I only paid a grande total of about $4000 for all 5 units so for me to pay a bit extra in updating costs to be able to go into a brand new 6* unit I don't have a problem with it. The amount of what you will be able to get for these if you should decide to sell will be over and above what you would of had to pay in extra costs. So look at it as an investment just like you would pay to upgrade your home. I don't know about you but I am happy that they are re-doing the Cascades ( I own 2 ) they are looking very rundown (was there in August) and need to be refurbished. When you purchase any of these units to be refurbished make sure you ask the owner what he has paid on re-furbishment costs not MF"S if the add says " all 2008 fees have been paid" that doesn't mean that all fees have most likely the balance for 2009 has NOT been paid yet so ask what will be owing in the future or call the resort directly they will tell you what is left outstanding.. I was going to by another one then realized that the price was so good that something posed a question mark and sure enough an additional $600 was to be paid in June 2009 so I didn't by it as I have to pay all my Cascades costs then so it was just too much. This resort is going to be amazing once it hits its completion date and the units will be prime on the market so look at it as a future investment.. I am sure you will see many units on the market for SVR coming up on many sites for sale but they will be gorgous and anyone who gets one will be vacationing in first class accomodations!! All resorts are doing upgrades and as owners thats part of ownership.. I did my homework before I purchased so I was not going to get any surprises..