Report Abuse

As almost always, the answer is "it depends"...

dougt44 asks: >> I'm at the point of just letting them foreclose and walk away from the 2nd unit. anyone know if that will affect my first unit???<< =========================================== No one here has access to your actual ownership paperwork or original purchase paperwork or HOA/BOD rules to review, but there COULD very well could be some legal language quietly lurking somewhere within those condominium documents, membership materials, or elsewhere which COULD allow the facility to either deny you access to your other unit if part of your account at the same facility is in arrears, or to place a lien on the "paid up" ownership --- or both. I'm not declaring this to be the case (there are no documents or details here to examine); I'm merely informing you that it IS a very real and distinct possibility that the facility has actions of recourse which you would not like. "Walking away" is never a good strategy for resolving an unwanted ownership. You'd be better off simply unloading the second week at whatever loss you have to take and keep both your record and your conscience clean. In the end, it's certainly your personal choice.