Report Abuse

Redweek.com as rental site...

[Q=donnac369] I am looking at renting a timeshare through this service? Does this web site work? Donna[/Q] Renting through RedWeek is not a "service", per se. All of the rental listings on RedWeek are simply ads placed by RedWeek members. RedWeek has nothing whatsoever to do with any subsequent rental transaction. However, the mere fact that only pre-identified, paying RedWeek members can list (or even see) RedWeek rental listings helps to drastically reduce the number of scam artists. Be sure to demand and execute a formal rental agreement. Be sure that payment and cancellation policies are clearly and specifically addressed therein -- and make VERY certain that the person from whom you are renting actually OWNS the week (i.e., is not just someone trying to improperly rent out a week which they don't even own, but have instead acquired through a RCI or II "deposit / exchange". Any and all such "exchange rentals" are clearly prohibited by both RCI and II). Ask the would-be "landlord" to clearly identify themselves to you by name and address and have them also identify the specific unit and week which they own and are offering for rent. Just one phone call made directly to the resort to confirm those facts will promptly verify to you their ownership. (Don't call the resort FIRST for an owner identification, however, since for obvious privacy reasons a resort will TELL you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but they WILL confirm the accuracy of information which you have already obtained on your own and are calling just to verify). In my personal opinion, RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are the two best and most effective sites for rentals, by far, for either a "landlord" or a "renter".