Report Abuse

Think twice...

[Q=maryellent5] The rep also told me that if a friend wants to reimburse me for the maintenance fee, that's between us and of no concern of theirs. I wouldn't call that a personal profit but a break even which is all I'm looking for if I do rent the unit out.[/Q] With due respect, I seriously doubt that's what the rep actually said at all if you were talking about an "exchange" (i.e., not about a unit / week which you personally own). Otherwise, that rep statement is just completely contrary to WRITTEN company and membership rules and terms of service. If he / she DID say that, it is simply incorrect. I'm pretty sure that you likley just misunderstood that the "reimbursement" reference was almost certainly ONLY to the $39 guest certificate fee --- not to a (multi-hundred dollar) "maintenance fee" as you've indicated. It's none of my business, but YOU asked the question initially --- and I answered it accurately and correctly. You can easily confirm my facts for yourself in the terms of service and membership rules found printed in RCI and/or II member materials (maybe even in the directories ---not sure about that). I was (and I still am) merely letting you know that you absolutely CANNOT rent out a week obtained via exchange --- period, amen. There are potentiallly serious legal and financial consequences if you get caught doing so, but if that's a risk you're willing to take and you subsequently get caught, please don't claim here later that you weren't clearly forewarned...