Report Abuse

Re: Attn: Owners, renters & potential buyers

I was at Playa Grande at the beginning of this month. They are selling the new units at Solmar. They are going to be floating units sold on a 50-year contract, and the prices are divided into winter, summer and holiday weeks. I asked if you could get a fixed week, and they said yes but you'd have to pay an 'upgrade' fee for the fixed week. I asked which units were being torn down, and they said all of the hotel units on the beach, the restaurants and the pools. They said that their goal was to create the first 6-star resort in Cabo. There will be studios all the way up to 4-bedroom units. I asked what would happen to the people who currently own a hotel unit, and they said that they are legally obligated to honor the existing contracts so they will be given a studio unit in the new section until their contract runs out, but will not be allowed to extend it unless they upgraded. All of this information came from the sales shark manager and I can guarantee you that they are selling the new units right now (I personally saw the sales sheet with prices!). Whether or not they will ever be built is another story. After all, there is the Pacific Dunes project that they started selling that will never come to fruition. Wonder what they are going to do with the people who bought units in that doomed project? Maybe they are re-doing Solmar to accommodate those Pacific Dunes buyers? I have no idea...