Report Abuse

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING?

And carvana is advising the op to lie about why he wants to quit paying his maintenance fees. He mentions NO hardship of any kind ( loss of a job, a reduction in pay, the death of a spouse, a divorce etc. even if any of those excuses would make a difference, which they wouldn't ..... resorts have HEARD ALL THE SOB STORIES IN THE WORLD). He merely wants to stop paying maintenance fees because he no longer has a use for the timeshare. I gave the op the best advice there is and that is to USE his timeshare, TRADE it, RENT it, SELL it or GIVE give it away and offer to pay for closing if he's desperate. It's a Starwood Resort (same as Harborside Atlantis and a Starwood ownership can get you into Harborside (one of the most sought after resorts in the world) so it most definitely has value. the op wrote: [i]"Does anyone have any experience of QUITTING a timeshare? Just up and stop paying any more annual fees? I own at Sheraton's Vistana Resort near Disney World, and I cannot sell or GIVE my timeshare away.( I've tried, many times, to give it away.) I don't want it, don't need it, and they don't care. It's all paid for. They are hounding me now every month, adding late fees, lockout charges, etc. and my 2008 week hasn't even come up yet. (It's December.) Any help or advice would be most appreciated."[/i]