Report Abuse

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING?

Jayjay, your comment "And carvana is advising the op to lie about why he wants to quit paying his maintenance fees" is a libelous statement. Surely we can disagree and yet be civil. You should reread my statement which follows: "I suggest you send a certified letter to the resort telling them your circumstances. If your failure to pay is the result of the loss of a job, a reduction in pay, the death of a spouse, a divorce, or any valid reason tell them." No where in that comment is there advice that Joseph should lie. I may have a lot of faults but subornation of perjury is not one of them. You owe me an apology. I have never understood why you, a non-timeshare owner, are so deep into the pocket of the timeshare industry. I own timeshares and I expect everyone who can to pay their maintenance fees but sometimes it is not possible and your suggestion that the desparate owners "TRADE it, RENT it, SELL it or GIVE it away" is meaningless to someone who has tried all of the above without success. I remember one of your posts several months ago in which you said you had recently attending a wedding at a Marriott Courtyard and you found the quality of that Courtyard so poor that you ended up disparaging Marriott Timeshares in your post. Comparing a Courtyard with a five star Marriott Hotel is typical of the shallowness of the advice you post here.