Report Abuse

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING?

We were told by the time share saleswoman that we can "Just sell our time share when we didn't want it anymore." The day my gullable husband who earns the majority of our household income was tricked into thinking it was such a great deal buying something we could will to our children so that they could pay maintenance fees for the rest of their lives for a timeshare they might get to use a few days a year...I was mad as hell. I knew when our purse got tight, he would yell at me about the timeshare even though I NEVER WANTED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I looked at the lady and told her I would rather buy land somewhere and she lied and said to my husband, "You would have to pay taxes and insurance and that would be much more of a hassel." The 10 acre lot I wanted to buy back then was selling for $10,000 and the property taxes were only $100 a year and the insurance the same where as we have been stuck paying $85 a month times 12 going on 5 years now. So in ten years we could have literally bought another piece of land with what we are throwing away in maintenance fees. The lot was near a lake. I am so mad that she told my husband "how unreasonable and cheap I was being." I wanted to walk out right then and I should of by the way I was being disresptected and lied to. But oh no, after a horrible week at the Imperial Palace on a sagging mattress and a lousy air conditioner sold this time share that have bankrupted many a family because they bought what they really could not afford. The sellers DO NOT CARE ABOUT FAMILIES let alone their finances after they fool someone and get their hard earned cash. My timeshare cannot be sold or given away. I would guess none of them can. I advise everyone to drop tail and run like hell when those pimps who call themselve time share agents want you to come to one of their "meetings."