Report Abuse

Re: What happens if you just stop PAYING?

[Q=roxannel15] The day my gullable husband who earns the majority of our household income was tricked into thinking it was such a great deal buying something we could will to our children so that they could pay maintenance fees for the rest of their lives for a timeshare they might get to use a few days a year...I was mad as hell. I knew when our purse got tight, he would yell at me about the timeshare even though I NEVER WANTED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. [/Q] [b]This could be my story .... I didn't even want to go to the presentation, I wanted to go to 'Animal Kingdom' but my husband insisted we go to the presentation. We WERE very impressed with the resort as it was a gold crown, very nice huge resort. When they tried to sell us a 2 bedroom for X amount of dollars, I insisted that we couldn't afford it. Then they offered a 1 bedroom in a very popular area of the resort facing a waterpark for far less money, but something we could afford, so we signed on the dotted line. When we got ready to sell it, we took an 8k loss, but again I don't blame the resort, I BLAME MYSELF. We did have many good tradess with the unit, but we never actually got to stay in it.[/b]