Report Abuse

Cease fire requested...

[Q=ken1193] The actual OP in this matter weighed in only once so, in truth, we don't really know anything at all about his particular personal circumstances. I'd agree that his posting APPEARS to be more of an expression of boredom with his ownership than a claim of actual financial distress, but how can we really know? It may be that he (understandably) does not want to disclose embarassing details of his personal financial situation, or he may simply be unable to articulate them with clarity. Who really knows? I'm certainly not regarded as a "mediator" --- in my former line of work there were generally always only clear winners and vanquished losers. Nonetheless, in this particular matter of discussion I am recommending a cessation of hostilities --- a cease fire, if you will. All posters have made their points and positions sufficiently known. I submit that there is really little or nothing more to be gained by ongoing attempts to pummel the topic (or one another) into submission. Perhaps all could now just move on instead?[/Q] [b]I don't think it would matter IF the op had been in dire straights or not. Resorts have HEARD ALL THE SAD EXCUSES IN THE WORLD from owners wanting to quit paying maintenance fees. Resorts can't be held responsible for what goes on in an owner's life just as any loan company or financial institution can't be held responsible for debts owed them by borrowers with sad life stories/circumstances. Carvana and I are not at war, we just have completely different views as to how the op should handle the matter .... it's the nature of forums. I don't believe in coming up with excuses or schemes in order to not pay my debts .... it's as simple as that.[/b]