Report Abuse

Cease fire requested...

I agree with Ken that this discussion absent more facts from Joseph should end. This will be my last comment on the subject. My life's work has caused me to attend many "creditor's hearings" (Section 417 of the Bankruptcy Code) where the debtor is required to share with the judge and his/her creditors "ALL THE SAD EXCUSES IN THE WORLD" for being unable to pay his/her contractual debts. This is something that anyone who has not experienced deprivation should experience. It is difficult for one who has never had to prioritize bills on payday to empathise with those whose income has been cut for whatever reason. Attending a Section 417 hearing would soften anyone's view of those they casually call "deadbeats". The economic downturn we are experiencing may provide some opportunities for Jayjay and others to see that all people who do not pay their debts are not "deadbeats" including those who do not pay their maintenance fees I have just edited these comments to remove any sexist comment. My wife read my earlier comments and said "oh no! so I have revised them. I apologize to anyone I offended.