Report Abuse

Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

Gee, I thought that was perhaps their ulterior motive to assessing us with such outlandish reburbishment fees. That would be an easy way for them to regain a lot of the inventory back that they had sold back in the early stages of Vistana Resort for very low prices. But I guess if you offered it back to them and they turned it down I must have been wrong. I guess our board members are just so oblivious to the wishes and situations of the average "timeshare owner" that they just used their own tastes and financial status to decide to approve such an "over the top" refurbishment project. You know it's always much easier to spend someone elses money. ( look at our government for a perfect example of that!!) I feel that they shoudl be looking for someone that can do a nice refurbishment with what we have already paid into our "replacement coffer . If this is how our "elected board members " are going "speak for us" perhaps we need to think about electing board members that are more in touch with the actual owners. I had been assessed a similar fee at another resort that I own and I reviewed my contract and NO Where did it say that that would be allowed . So I refused to pay it and told them why. After many attempts by them to make me pay they dropped the issue. I still own at that resort, but they realized that they didn't have a legal leg to stand on. I will have to dig out my Vistana contract from 1981 to see if there is anything in it that allows for such "overages" and billing of the owners. I know that the governor may not want to get involved with such issues,, but he was the attorney general before he was governor.. and seemed very interested in protecting the average guy against "big business" . So perhaps he might be willing and able to take a look at our situation. Or perhaps the now attorney general. But I am NOT going to just pay these bills without first seeing what "rights" I have NOT to. Just because I am not rich doesn't mean that I am so stupid that I will hand over $1700 just because someone tells me I need to. It's time to wake the board members up and introduce them to "John Q average timeshare owner."