Report Abuse

Re: Important Update Affecting Resale Purchasers

Ericm169 quotes various business sources that indicate "Starwood timeshare says it expects operating income from its timeshare business to drop as much as $115 million this year as demand for Hawaii timeshares and Orlando timeshares decreases." I expect that Starwood's sales personnel will increase the sales pressure during sales presentations to make up for this shortfall. Recently I had a friend call me from Maui all excited about a sales presentation he had just attended concerning the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort on Maui. He had been offered all manner of inducements to buy "now" and called me for my opinion before he pulled the trigger. He was new to the timeshare industry and was unfamiliar with Redweek.com. I suggested he access Redweek and look at the large number of Westin Kaanapali Ocean timeshares for sale at a fraction of what he was thinking of paying. He did not buy and needlessly to say he is forever thankful for that fortuitous advice he received from me as well as the resale information on Redweek.com.