Report Abuse

Re: BE CAREFUL OF SILVER LAKES VACATION CLUB/THE MISSION VILLAS OF SILVER LAKES

Silver Lakes Vacation Club has sent me invitations to upgrade to the new Mission Villas. I decided to drive by to see if the newly renamed units were any better, and consider if an upgrade is worth it. They looked nice from the outside. I drove by the back and found someone packing their car getting ready to check out. I asked how their vacation was. They replied that Silver Lakes is a nice peaceful place to come. I then asked how the new units were. They replied that the units looked good inside, however, they felt it was not as advertised in RCI. A big disappointment to what they looked forward to. They said the units were advertised to sleep six, but they did not like the arrangement! The only way to sleep six was for three adults to occupy each of the two beds. They expected laundry to be on the site, but did not find any and had to go over to the laundry in the shopping center. They did not like using the same bath towel all week. Could not get a change. The units were to be cleaned mid-week, but were not. They also commented that all TV stations advertised were not viewable. They felt ripped off because they have had much better facilities for the same number of points elsewhere. They expected more from RCI. They felt this resort should not be part of RCI. From what they told me, that I could get a much higher class of resort for the same points and cost, I will pass on the upgrade offer.