Report Abuse

Problems at Casa Dorado Mendino Beach, Cabo?

We stayed there over Thanksgiving '08 for 10 days. Also stay there last May '08 for 7 days. The resort is fantastic, clean, and almost European in design. The rooms are big to huge, the pool is great. The private beach is to die for..... The Mango Deck - food and drink sits just 2 minutes away (right next to but far better than the Office). The only noise is on Thursday nights when they have a band playing in the downstairs facility.The band quits about 11 pm. The rest of the time the place is really quite - the beach is dead by 10:30.... if you want night life you'll have to go into town - a 6 dollar ride away, or a 12 to 15 minute walk to the marina - 20 to 25 minutes to CaboWabo (sp) or you can take a water taxi during the day. Everything is pretty darn close. I've stayed all over the world and this resort is 4 to 4.5 star. For comparison, the best Hilton I've ever been in is maybe a 4 star. A great holiday inn express won't touch 3 stars. The beds - I wanted to take it home... Even the pillows are good - and if you know Mexico, that can be a hard thing to find. BTW, we're going down again in May if not sooner. You'll be pleased at your choice. Full disclosure - we're owners and we're ecstatic! We bought when it was a big dirt hole in the ground in early '06 and I'm so very happy we did! It's the best resort on Medano Beach by far!