Report Abuse

Re: Attn: Owners, renters & potential buyers

A friend of mine just got back from his week in a hotel unit. He went on the tour and got the information and he is less than pleased. He bought his hotel unit specifically because of the location, low-key atmosphere and ability to walk right out onto the sand. When the salesman told him how great the new unit would be with fridge and full kitchen, his response was "I don't come down here to cook". My suggestion would be to vote with your wallet. Don't buy their food or drinks or tours or anything. Since their decisions about the "upgrade" to the resort seem to be only about money, make your own decisions based on money and let them know what you are doing. Tell the manager/concierge/bartender that you are not spending money at the resort because you are unhappy with what they are doing. Personally, as the owner of a hotel unit, when my unit gets exchanged for a new one I will be looking into how much I can get for it on the resale market. Maybe if everyone in the first batch of buildings to be demolished floods the resale market with their units, they might have a harder time selling their 6 star 50-year units at their asking price. As background, I have been to Solmar many times and while I have enjoyed every trip there, there are always things that are less than ideal. This is quite a bit more than a little inconvenience though and needs some more forceful response.