Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Please add us to the interest for a class suit. We own at Greensprings, were totally ripped off 4 years ago by a slick, mumbling salesman -- promising to sell our extra points. I have complained to Sunterra, now DRI, for years, to no avail. I have been hoping to join a class action suit for years. I will support in any way! I just paid over $2700 in fees, also converted 20,000 points into $1000 toward fees. Just called DRI to see why I cannot use my left over points, and was told I still owe $1170 because the $1000 toward points will not be applied for 6 weeks from transfer date (Jan 28, 2009), and I am now accruing $170 in late fees, and will continue until my balance is zero. They literally want me to pay the $1170, then allow my transferrred points to become a credit. Can you believe this scam? We would like to walk away, and would do so...but, we need to refi our house and cannot afford the bad credit ding. If anyone has advice, please contact us. And, please add us to the class action suit interest!!!