Report Abuse

Re: When Vacation Clubs Go Broke

[Q=ken1193] ================================== Vacation Clubs, by definition, are "right to use" and have no ownership (and hence no deed, since you have no "ownership" of anything). Only the owners of the properties (underlying club investors) actually have any ownership interest.[/Q] I don't think you are right about this. I have an deeded ownership/membership at Sedona Vacation Club. In checking with the Coconino County Assessor's office I have a deed to a 1/8000th (approximately, forgot the exact number) share of the property at the address where the Los Abrigados Resort is located. The developer (which btw just filed Chap 11), a few yrs after I (unfortunately) bought my TS, stopped selling this kind of ownership and switched to something they called "Premiere Vacation Club, which did not have any actual property ownership attached to it. I don't think they like for people to hold on to their deeded ownerships, because they keep trying to upsell me to the new program. Of course I wouldn't give those crooks another nickel for anything. It will be interesting to see how their bankruptcy shakes out. If everything goes true to form, the wiseguys who started up this scam will walk away with their Scottsdale mansions and Swiss bank accounts, while us poor schmucks get screwed again.