Report Abuse

Santa Barbara

We own at Santa Barabara and paid off the loan in 2004. We did not pay our 2007 , 2008 dues nor the two 2007 assessments. Mainly bcz why pay for something not available for use, right? The fees/penalties have been turned over to collection agency. So, I reached out to timeshare resales.net. They're a broker and explained only a RE agent can sell timeshare. Already got scammed yrs back with one of those advertising agents that only post your property and that's it. Lost $400. I think resales.net is scamming too bcz they ask for a deed copy + APPRAISAL. The appraisal avgs $600. Sounds like a flim flam to me. We haven't paid our fees for 2 yrs bcz we didn't think the prop was open for use. Plus, I felt like SB prob got insurance $ + state funds + gov relief, and should have opened much sooner. At this point, we just want to sell it, but in this economy that seems impossible. Did anything happen with the class action suit, bcz it sounds like SB practiced fraud in the past 5 yrs. Not looking to get rich, just want out and some return for all the money I've put into it over the last 10+ yrs. HELP