Report Abuse

Re: Hilton West 57th

My husband and I have owned timeshare for years, I'm assuming this is your first one? I definitely understand your frustration; however my experience with Hilton has been terrific. MY salesperson fully disclosed fees and reservation windows - if fact, I will be experiencing West 57th Street with my husband and children during the Christmas holiday. I am confident that when we check out of our 1BR unit, we will not get an $85 housekeeping charge. I will be more than happy to notify you if we are charged PER DAY (but I seriously DOUBT it). You are correct when citing the text of the Second Amendment to the Timeshare Offering Plan “there is a complimentary mid-week cleaning for a 7-night Home Week or Home Resort reservation and daily maid service is available for a fee, currently $85 per day." You may be confused by the phraseology “and daily maid service IS available for a fee" – not required. As the letter that Hilton had sent you states - the $85 cleaning fee is "optional” not a requirement. I would encourage you to bring the letter with you during your stay (just in case they try to charge you). Since you have purchased, there appears to be a few Amendments that have been made to the Timeshare Offering Plan (6 in total). Hilton did provide us with the West 57th Street Ownership Information Disclosure Sheet (recapping our ownership and a list of fees) that outlines everything including "3 Nights or Less - $85 Checkout Cleaning Fee" and beneath it "Housekeeping upon request - $85." I would like to ask why you did not cancel your ownership? Obviously you spent time reviewing the contracts in detail. I'm assuming by your postings that your findings were made within the review period? You seem very comfortable dissuading individuals from this incredible opportunity over something so trivial? This baffles me. Also, may I recommend that you run for the Homeowners Association? It appears by your persuasive dialogue that you would be a great liaison between the owners and Hilton? If you are able to negotiate a better system for housekeeping in NYC, I welcome any savings. With that said, if the housekeeping charge disappears, I'm sure it will reappear in an increase in our maintenance. That I would not welcome. Good luck to you! Maybe we'll bump into one another in the owners lounge, over "snacks"? Best!