Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

BTW, I was called on my home phone from The Vacation Depot on Tuesday. This worries me a bit because ALL my timeshare contact info is via my cell phone and only my first Fairfiled timeshare used my home phone, which Wyndham now has my cell since I changed the contact info. Since I receive 1-20 calls a week from these listing companies (two today from area code 561 which I was unable to answer) on my cell phone it bothers me they are now calling my home number since it's on the do not call registry. the first call from TVD was a basic first inquiry, the guy was not very bright and there was a lot of noise in the background due to his call center. The call back however was by Amanda who is very professional sounding. Smooth delivery of the process they use to get units sold. But they charge $898 to get a unit listed which they claim will sell for over $20,000 for a 2BR in Branson. And after two calls they still haven't verified what I actually own by name, I couldn't remember the specific name of my DRI units in Branson (The Suites at Fall Creek which I think have been renamed recently, I looked it up before posting!). Anyway, Amanda is very nice and professional sounding. But I find it odd they can quote me pricing on a unit for a resort which they have not verified the name of. I'll keep you posted, so far they have sent me an e-mail with a froo froo flyer talking about how they can help me so much and a sample contract. What scares me most is not only does their contract have the "we aren't responsible" text, they are only liable to providing a refund if I sell my unit without their help within the first 90 days - and only if I sell within 20% (or any price higher) of the contracted listing price. I'm going to spend a little more time working her, but I did submit a complaint to the West Palm Beach BBB where TVD is a member. Amanda made a statement about the non-taxibility of a profitable timeshare to a certain price point which concerned me and I thought to complain about it and other aspects of the sales presentation. Not that I think I'll have a successful sale thru them, I can't see anyone paying $20,000 for a resale timeshare like mine. Amanda said they work with corporate clients who pay more. I'll work it a little just to see but I'm not hopeful. My goal is to use the BBB complaint to get TVD to agree to charge me the $898 during close, or on a similar condition I made with Universal Marketing Solutions. Amanda was resolute on Tuesday about their fee system when I made the statement about no longer paying up front so I doubt I will be successful.