Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

[Q=peterp151]A number of times (more than 10) I paid up front fees between $300 and $500 to have my houses (rentals, personal, and even a grandmother's) placed on the MLS where I did not use a broker to represent me. I still paid the buyer's agent 1.5%-2.75%. JayJay, I paid in advance to get listed on the MLS to save 1%-3% the selling agent would normally charge. That's a huge savings. I had to do the work the selling agent would normally do but I was comfortable with that. If you are unwilling to spend $500 for an option like this .... [/Q] [b]We were never given the option above, but even if we had there would have probably been more tire kickers than truly interested people. Tire kickers would have been curious to know what a house on the water was like, not really being interested in buying. I don't have a lot of patience with tire kickers, so it was probably best that we listed with an agent. We did try to sell a lot that we owned across the street ourselves that we listed in the classifieds of the local newspaper and you wouldn't believe all the crazy calls and offers with no results .... I just don't have patience for that kind of insanity thus it was worth it to us to pay the 7% commission to the agency that sold it.[/b]