Report Abuse

Resort Condos Plus - anyone?

[Q=martinp50] I received a call from Mike Dean of Resorts Condos Plus.. He told me he had a buyer for my timeshare and that they were going to pay 5k more than I paid for it and that they had already put down 5,500. Here is a new twist on the scam..he had the buyer call me and ask me questions about the resort, anyone selling timeshares should know everything about what they are selling..I was told it was going to cost me $2,050 after the sale, then all of a sudden he wants a credit card number for the money up front, he told me he can not take it from the sale because it was illegal..yeah right..I tried calling the numbers back that came up on my caller ID and they all went to cell phone voice mail boxes...none identified the company...I have read some reports where all of a sudden the sale well fall through once they have your money...well they are not getting any of mine....SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM....[/Q] [b]Kudos to you for not believing the lies those thieves told you. They'll tell you ANYTHING to get that upfront fee they they'll simply disappear and/or direct your call to a bogus voice mail. This is my main reason for posting on Redweek's forums ..... to educate people on all the timeshare scams out there ...... the MAIN one being upfront fee resale company thieves/criminals/scammers that all they want is your credit card number to charge that upfront fee (in the hundreds/thousands of dollars) then you never hear from them again. I welcome the day when all timeshare owners are educated and they put all the scammers/thieves/criminals out of business and/or have them arrested and imprisoned .... that's how strongly I feel.[/b]