Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

Ok, where do I begin....the wife and I just got back from PV and did buy from Belaire Golf Rest & Spa. I highly advise anyone who is within their 5 day cancellation period, CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!! The same 8 beams that were in the ground back in 2007 are the ONLY things still up right now in June 2009. Yes, the models of the rooms are beautiful!!! But as everyone there in PV says, that will be as close as you will see done on that resort. If you read the contract very carefully, you will notice that there is nothing in there that states a date of completion or a breach of contract on their part if the resort is not built, as well as any kind of refund if the resort is not built. But it does state that if you try to cancel your membership after the 5 days, you will not receieve any money you have already paid them. We cancelled on our 3rd day. Don't call any PROFECO office in Guadalajara, they don't have the info on Belaire because the PROFECO office in PV has all the dirt on Belaire, and believe me there is ALOT of dirt!!! PROFECO does have a booth at the airport and also across the street from the Sheraton Hotel, I have the address of PROFECO in PV for anyone who wants it. Just give the address to the taxi driver and he will drive you to where PROFECO is loctaed, if you're still in PV. PROFECO told me they have had so many people cancel their contract with Belaire and they also highly recommend everyone cancels their contract if they haven't already done so. Remember, anything the sales people at Belaire (Steve, Kirby, Kendall) told you verbally but is not in the contact is a total lie, such as them buying back your purchase for the "then" value in 2-5 years or the $2,000 they will give you for your mandatory week. If you noticed, there is no dollar amount in the contact and the golden rule is if it's not in the contract, it's not true!!! This is what you do to cancel.......write a letter of cancellation to Belaire explaining you do not feel confortable about the purchase and are asking for a full refund. Take it to Belaire and have them in turn give you a letter saying they acknowledge your cancellation and are going to give you a full refund or credit your card of the full amount you paid. They will try and keep the closing cost, tell them no way, that you want the entire amount you paid them!!! When they tried telling us they were going to keep the closing sosts we paid of $2,000, my wife went "asian" on them (she is Korean), and told them they better refund us back every penny we gave them. Another couple who was there for the presentation heard the whole conversation and asked us if we bought. We told them we did but were cancelling because the sales people were liars and the project is a total scam. We warned them that they should get up and walk out while they have the chance and not waste another minute of their vacation listening to lies. They looked at us like we were crazy......guess they will find out the hard way when they are out $10,000 and wishing they took our advice. Take that letter, along with 2 copies of the contact to PROFECO in PV and you are done. Call your credit card company and tell them you are cancelling the purchase you made with the Belaire Resort and that you want to make a dispute. Also tell your credit card company you will fax them a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter Belair gave you as proof they agreed to credit your card back with the full amount you charged. If you want to get a hold of Steve Heline the head salesman, his number is +52-322-2271311, I have his business card and can verify this is a good number to reach him at for all those of you who got scammed from him. Belaire does have a toll free number 1-866-438-1448 and a direct number of +52-322-2091090. One very important thing to know. We were told by numerous people in PV, especially the locals that Mr. Anthony Copela is affiliated with the mafia, and I'll tell you what, when we went back to Belaire to cancel our contract, he will try and intimidate you by giving you a look like he is going to have you taken care of. The man has connections there in PV. He knows if you bought with another company and how much you bought for, trust me, you don't want to have any association with this guy or his ugly dentures (Anthony Copela stuck his gross dentures out at me while giving me a dirty look when we went to cancel). We actually called our daughters and told them that if we don't come home on the day we are supposed to and don't hear from us, they should call the police because my wife and I feel that Mr. Anthony Copela has that capability to "hurt" someone if you know what I mean. Stay far away from this company and this man, trust me, you don't want to lose out on your hard earned money to someone who could very well be associated with the mafia. If you think I'm joking, as anyone in PV. I will help anyone who wants help in cancelling their contract. Please stay away from from this company and Mr. Copela for your sake and for your safety. Regards, Juan