Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Relief, INC

[Q=mike1536] Ken, I agree. However, I have read horror stories where people pay these companies thousands of dollars, but ownership is not transferred until the PCC actually sells the TS. Meanwhile the owner is still on the hook for MFs. If I pay a PCC to take the TS, the least they can do is actually TAKE the TS.[/Q] Hi Mike: You are absolutely right. SOME (fortunately, not ALL) of these PCC's operate utilizing a Power of Attorney (PoA) signed by the owner. In such cases, the deed remains in the owner's name until sold by the PCC. Obviously, this is unacceptable --- if the PCC decides to just close down and go out of business, then the deed simply remains in the original owner's name, while that unfortunate owner is STILL permanently "out" the entire amount of money paid to the (now disappeared) PCC --- while continuing to STILL be legally, completely responsible for any and current or future unpaid maintenance fees and /or special assessments on the ownership. Ouch.... In short, it certainly behooves any owner contemplating using (and actually paying) ANY PCC or ANY other entity (or, for that matter, even donating a timeshare to a charity) to NOT sign a mere Power of Attorney. Instead, deal ONLY with an entity which will put the timeshare ownership directly into the PCC's (or other entity's) OWN NAME, with a new deed properly recorded, as a written, signed, contractual obligation to do so as an integral part of the "transaction". That's the one and only way to ensure quickly and legally becoming the FORMER owner...