Report Abuse

Westin First Right Of Refusal Need Advice

My husband and I went to WKORV a few months ago, took the tour and bought a week through the developer. When we got home I discovered this site and quickly realized we were much better off to buy resale so we canceled that purchase within the time period. We are now trying to buy a unit direct from a seller and have been waiting for over a month from a response from Westin. For the past two weeks Westin keeps giving the owner the run around saying that the manager has it as a possible "buy-back". My understanding is that they have 10 business days to respond. The problem is that we cannot close escrow and get title insurance without the waiver from Westin. The owner's manual also states that we have to close in 90 days or we must re-submit another purchase agreement. The owner has been calling several times a day with no response. I'm really hoping that Westin is not holding animosity towards us for canceling our direct purchase. Does anyone have any advice? Has this happened to anyone else?