Report Abuse

Do it yourself....

[Q=kyram4] I keep reading people say never to pay upfront. but I have I never heard of a place that will sell my timeshare and take the commission after the sale. Do you know of One? How could I go about finding a ligit company?[/Q] This may not be what you want to hear, but the most likely avenue for success is to try to sell your timeshare YOURSELF, by advertising it at a highly competitive price on places like RedWeek, MyResortNetwork, eBay, Bidshares, etc. The timeshare market, like the overall economy, is very weak today. NO resale company (or ANY broker ANYWHERE) has a "magic bullet", regardless of their fee or commission structure. Your best bet, in my opinion, is to invest the time, effort and minimal cost to try to sell your timeshare entirely on your own; it has always worked for me. If your timeshare is a "weak" or low demand week or location however, or if it's in Branson, MO, Orlando / Kissimmee, FL, or Las Vegas, NV, you certainly have a steep, uphill climb ahead of you, since these are all grossly overbuilt locations with a real glut of available timeshares. In any case, good luck.