Report Abuse

Re: Upfront fee resale companies are against the law in Florida .... report them ASAP

Sad to say, because I thought I was smarter than this, but I, too, have paid an up-front fee for a lifetime subscription to rent my unused timeshare weeks. Not only did I NOTget any performance from this company on the units I reported to them at the time but I've not heard from them since. Imagine my surprise on that count. Is there any information on companies like this that have actually performed on their promises or are they all just a scam? My company was based in Orlando, FL also. I wonder if it's possible to write this off as "education expense" on one's tax return??? Just kidding. Seems that the U.S. Attorney General would get involved in these scam operations since it transcends State bounderies and, I'm guessing, extends nation wide. I tried to get a refund through my credit card company because my contract stated NO FUNDS would be collected until I returned the SIGNED contract. They promised me this on the phone too, and this is why I gave them my cr. card number. I DID NOT return a signed contract to them and sort of forgot about it. When I realized they HAD CHARGED my credit card I called the cr. card company but was told I had waited over 60 days to respond and so they could not do anything. I argued that they were perpetuating a fraud but that had no effect. Educational expense, no? Dennis Noble