Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Hello, I have read your post and several others on this forum. I must say that there is no scam here but a lack of attention on your part. No, I do not work for DRI. I am an owner and member of the Club like you. I work hard for my dollars like everyone else. However, I believe that there are too many people who complain and don't hold themselves accountable for there role in an agreement. I love my DRI points and locations. Since they have taken over there are more ways to use your points. I know that using it for anything but accommodations does not give you the full value, but it is better than nothing. Like you and everyone else, I hate the increases in maitenance fees. They do go up steadily. However, I look at other companies' maintenance fees and hear their owners complain about the same thing. It seems to be a fact of life in the timeshare industry. I read people compaining and complaining and complaining. However, where is their responsibility. Do they follow up on things? Do they read the contracts? No, they want to complain and blame others. There is no way that you can have a contract for a timeshare and not know about maintenance fees. No way. You have about 5 business days to read over your paper work with an opportunity to rescind the deal. Most people don't read. You can even search the internet about timeshares and just like you found this forum to complain you could have found it before and after you bought. DRI is not without fault, but they have added more to our membership. Learn how to use it. With 4000 points you can save them for a year and have 8000 points. You do have enough points to go the Canary Islands if you desire. You don't have enough to go every year at peak season, but you can go to some of the resorts during high and midseason. In addition, you could go every year if you desired with your points and stay in either a studio or one bedroom. If you went every other year, you could stay for a couple of weeks. i just don't get it. People sign contracts for homes and don't know what their interest rates are or that they have an adjustable mortgage loan and it's everyone else's fault. That's baloney! Get your Diamond Selections book or look at it on the website after you login and learn about what you have. Stop complaining and read. Many of you on this thread have no real complaints, but are looking to find someone to blame for what in most instance absolutely nothing. Your own irresponsibilty has placed you in a situation that you might not be able to afford or maybe hard times has hit you unexpectedly and you have a maintenance fee that has become unaffordable. I will tell you that DRI was offering opportunities for people to reduce their points if they were overextended. That's right they were doing that without people calling and asking. I was one of them. I declined because I knew I would be ok and like my membership. I have not heard of any other timeshare company offering anything like that and I read about 4 of these forums. So those of you who are looking at a Class Action suit, please know that DRI is going to have a some positives that they are going to have as well in their favor. If you are having a problem which I have had a couple of times. I would advise you to call and write the CEO Cloobeck if you have to to get to the bottom of your situation. I have directed others on different forums to contact certain people in corporate and they have had situations handled. However, I hate to see a company that is trying to do things constantly get slammed and there are some very happy owners with their memberships, starting with me. Your lawsuits are going to cost us all money in administrative fees. I like you don't want to pay more of that.