Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Far from being a family member, just a member like you. First, I do understand your frustration with trying to get reservation 13 months out and not getting it. I have had issues upgrading which seems so easy at first glance, but is not all I think it should be. After reading the fine print I learned it does not mean that you get the next two bedroom, but the next class of unit which could be a more fancy one bedroom. I did not notice that until I read it more clearly. However, that' s my fault. I only had to read it. You can only hold any organization at fault when they have reneged on their contract with you. What anybody SAYS does not count. It is what is WRITTEN that carries weight. That is what the courts are going to look at. As an owner you can rent your timeshare out. Several do and they recoup their maintenance fees plus some. DRI does the same thing with theirs. With my Marriott property in Hawaii, there are times that if you don't make the reservation within the first hour you cannot get a reservation 12 months out which is the earliest one can make a reservation in their system. Marriott also rents out their units. They will rent yours out to but take a big cut out of the rent for themselves. I guess my point is that DRI is not doing anything different than anyone else as for as renting units. DRI is never going to satisfy everyone, however, there are quite a few happy owners who love the system. It is unfortunately, we don't get to hear much from those people.