Report Abuse

Process Steps and Costs Related to Selling Timeshare

[Q=tjk8] We own a biannual odd week at Grand Beach in Orlando that we would like to sell and the general process laid out on Redweek looks to be pretty straight-forward, but I am trying to understand what additional costs I should expect to incur (e.g., title company). In a perfect world we would net $2000-2500 - anything below that and I would probably just try to find a place to donate it for the tax deduction. The annual maintenance fees of $425 are not onerous, but we have gone the exchange route twice in 10 years. What happens when (if?) I find a buyer? This seems like something that could get messed up easily if you did not follow the right steps. Also, comments related to my expected return are welcome and appreciated. Is this reasonable, or should I reset the outcome lower?[/Q] [b]If you find a buyer then you go through a reputable closing company such www.timesharetransfer.com The buyer normally pays the closing costs, but in this economy if you really want to get rid of it, you might offer to pay all closing costs. In this economy it's a buyer's market, not a seller's market .... there are 1 cent to $1 timeshares on Ebay and some on the market are absolutely free. BTW, what the asking price is has nothing whatsoever to do with whether it will sell or not.[/b]