Report Abuse

Re: Process Steps and Costs Related to Selling Timeshare

[Q=jayjay] [b]And, unless you have a very desirable week at a very desirable resort (supply and demand) I doubt you can find any charity that will take the donation ... you have to remember that even if a charity were to take it, they are then responsible for yearly maintenance fees and possible special assessments until/if it's sold.[/b][/Q] This is a floating week, but outside of a Disney or Marriott property I really cannot tell whether the Grand Beach Resort in Orlando is desirable. Given the number of timeshares on eBay for $1, are there properties that actually sell for anything close to the listing prices that I see on Redweek? I am willing to pay the $60 fee to list this for a year and have already planned to pay the 2010 MFs in January, but I am beginning to wonder whether it is even worth making that additional investment. It would be cheaper and easier in the long run to simply turn the TS over to the management company if it turns out that I there is no real resale market. Is that an option that people have explored?