Report Abuse

Re: What is going to happen in 2017

Just returned from week at PB Maz and of course took the tour and song and dance at Emerald Bay. The word from a senior sales staffer is that in 2017 when the contracts run out that PB Maz will be turned into hotel or nightly rental property. Travel groups like Suite Getaways, Expedia and Alaska Air vacations can fill the place with vacation travelers easily given the demand for Mazatlan. And currently do. I was in reservation setting up time for 2010 and 2011 and Nancy had a list of rooms required by Alaska Air Vacations on her desk for upcoming bookings. Emerald Bay seems to be the focus of their efforts right now and Coppell would like everyone to transition and buy to EB. Unfortunately, folks like us who enjoy the Mexican, homey, close into town feel of PB Maz aren't happy. You have people who have been coming here for 20+ years and like the family and feeling of PB Maz. They didn't come to Mexico to stay in a resort that looks like the US - ie: EB. I hope owners will let the management know that they are not happy being forced to change destinations for their Mazatlan experience in 2017. One more piece of information, the sales person also said that owners will receive a letter soon that they want to transition the property one year earlier and that contracts will expire in 2016 and owners will be offered a year to use earlier to facilitate making this happen. Not sure on this - all my paperwork and contracts say 2017. Sales info we got: one week for 30 years at Emerald Bay on a one bedroom usage every other year goes for $4,700 with $990 in closing costs. Maintenance is $439 only paid every other year. 2 years free financing. Interesting EB has a cap on maintenance fees ties to a US inflation index.