Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

My husband and I went to PV this past November 2009 and attended a presentation at Belaire Resorts. We were fooled into buying and paid $20,000. Our salesman was "Eddie." Within the 5 business days to cancel, we learned from various citizens of PV that Belaire was a huge scam. We went to Profeco and they helped us with cancellation of our contract. As instructed we went back to Belaire to hand deliver our cancellation. Antonio, the owner, came out in his fancy suit and sun glasses and immediately threatened us with arrest if we did not leave his property. He used exteme profanity and was extremely intimidating. We were with friends that also foolishly purchased this scam property and together we left the premises. On our way out, one of the employees grabbed my friend's camera. In her efforts to get it back she suffered bruising and tore the shirt of the employee. Belaire called the police. We spoke no Spanish and the police spoke no English. We were at the mercy of everyone. We were intimdated into signing new contracts and voiding our cancellation from Profeco- they had our husband's do this on a yellow writting pad. They did not allow my girlfriend or I to go with our husband's back into the building when this was done. We waited out in the hot sun for what seemed like hours. Eventually we were able to leave the premises. The very next morning we went to the American Consulate and were provided with excellent service. We cancelled out contracts and filed a complaint. The cancellation was faxed to Profeco and to the American and Mexican Embassy's. It was a very horrible experience, one we shall never forget. When we got home, we were called by a collection company by the name of "Vonage Holdings" threatening us that they were going to put a lien on our house if we did not pay the balance on our contract with Belaire. I did not bother to have any converstation with this scam collection company. Do not go to a presentation with Belaire, and if for any reason you do, and you buy, cancel immediately, you will never get anything from this company and they will get all your money.