Report Abuse

Re: The situation at EOV

I have just returned from Albufeira where I spent 5 days trying my utmost to find out what has happened to our timeshares at Elimar. Suffice to say, I was told by the guy who runs the coffee shop there that the apartments were all sold two years ago, and there is nothing we can do. He seemed agitated that I was asking too many questions! I went to the police who informed me that the company whom we purchased the time shares from, no longer exist so they can't talk to anyone about the situation! They also quoted that if maintenance hadnt been paid for a couple of years and for whatever reason,there was the possiblilty, as states in the contract that the company are free to sell their apartments! There is a clinic at the side of Elimar which used to be an entrance to their restaurant many moons ago. They have no idea who the owners are....they say! The Radio sender KISS is now where the reception used to be, and they plead total ignorance to everything. The guy in the coffee shop isnt the same one that was there two years ago..(.the one who told us that Elimar was going to be sold...and we didnt believe him!) He says he bought his flat from a company two years ago as did everyone else there...end of story. I could see our flat which still had the shutters down, and when going down the hill and standing on the wall to look into the pool area I could see Satalite dishes on most balconies which certainly made me realise that it is not time share anymore but private flats. Looking at the door bells there was a mixture of Brits, and Portuguese names there, but no one ever seemed to be there to answer the door bell. I went into the next village Prair do Oura where I tried to find the address given to me by one of yourselves, which had something to do with Timeshare problems, but it is no longer there.! However whilst looking for it I was approached by a guy and a woman who tried to sell me a time share! Well you don't really want to know my answer!! They did however try and help me find the adress but to no avail. Must be long gone. Now that I have concrete evidence that those timeshares are lost I am passing everything I know onto my lawyer friend in Portugal in the hope that he may be able to find out at least what happened to the compay who conned us into buying those time shares. I wish I had good news, but hopefully my friend now has something to go on and will do his utmost to help. Hope this isnt the end for us all. We must stick together. OK