Report Abuse

Wyndham... a very good system if bought "right"

[Q=pradeepb4] Hello, I am looking in to buying Wyndham Fairfield TN timeshare in the resale market. If you have experience w/ Wyndham TS, I would appreciate your advice. 1)How much is the yearly membership fee? does it cover the exchanges among Wyndham resorts (2) Is it easy to get exchanges among Wyndham resorts, how many points do I need for exchange? Do I need to get RCI membership? how does Wyndham pts transfer/compare to RCI pts? (3) Any disadvantages of buying in resale market? benefit reductions? (4) How do I confirm authenticity of the seller? Thanks, PB[/Q] With due respect, you would reach a much better informed Wyndham timeshare populace and get much better informed and more detailed answers by posting your inquiry on the Timeshare Users Group site (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums), which actually has a Wyndham-specific forum. There are many very knowledgeable and very helpful folks over there regarding Wyndham (and many other timeshare topics and issues as well). A few answers to some of your questions in the meantime: --- The amount of "points" (now called Club Wyndham Points; no longer called "Fairshare Plus" points) required at Wyndham facilities varies considerably from one resort to another. It also varies with season, unit size and number of days of occupancy. In short, there is no simple, "one size fits all" answer. --- A RCI membership is actually provided to you with any new Wyndham ownership (Wyndham owns RCI, as you may know already). The RCI membership is not "free", as you are charged for it within your annual Wyndham fees --- but it is "automatically issued" upon buying into Wyndham, with no further effort required on your part. --- There is absolutely NO correlation whatsoever between RCI Points and Club Wyndham points. Think of them as two entirely different forms of "currency" which have no relevance to one another at all. --- There is no significant disadvantage to buying Wyndham via "resale". You cannot get "VIP" status via a resale purchase of Wyndham (only via developer-direct purchase), but so what?? The limited "benefits" of "VIP" status do not in any warrant or justify the much higher, truly exorbitant cost of purchasing directly from Wyndham. --- Using a third party, professional closing company (which will cost you somewhere around $300) will ensure independent escrow of all funds and will ascertain and confirm the "legitimacy" of the prospective seller. Wyndham also charges a separate $125 "transfer fee" in every ownership change, regardless of involvement of a closing company. I hope some of this helps you. See TUG for a much more complete "Wyndham education". Wyndham is a good and flexible timeshare ownership, but you have to "buy smart" (resale) and then make a concerted effort to learn and understand its' various rules and nuances.