Report Abuse

More unconvincing semantics...

[Q=ken1193] [Q=jimc273] What I am saying is that not all companies out there working in the timeshare resale business are scams. .... But not everybody is out to get you.[/Q] It's not about the "label", it's about the RESULTS.... 27 years of ownership, experience and observation in the timeshare industry tells me this --- plain and simple: Upfront fee parasite companies do NOT sell timeshares. Smart buyers DON'T even consider obscure or unknown reseller "companies" when sincerely looking to purchase a timeshare. Upfront fee companies sell ADVERTISING, not timeshares. People should save their hard earned money and if they want to sell, do THEIR OWN advertising (for free or for TENS of dollars instead of paying some parasite HUNDREDS of dollars to do the same thing). If people want to buy, direct from a private seller is almost always the smarter and literally ALWAYS the much less expensive way to go. Who needs or wants to deal with a "middleman" when you can very easily find and buy what you want without one???[/Q] If you can sell it yourself, then by all means do it! It has been my experience though that my clients generally are unable to do this and need some assistance. If I think someone can sell their timeshare by themselves I will tell them so. Seriously, I will. Generally I find that owners using Craigslist and Ebay are not getting very much money out of them ... or good, legit, responses to their ads. You wont do any better off there on the internet (with your average "parasite company") than you will anywhere else on the internet - unless you want to let it go for cheap, then go there ... and keep trying. It might take a while to get $1000 out of your $28,000 Westgate on Ebay or Craigslist. If you can talk directly to people who have been to your resort recently as renters or as those who have been through the presentations you can usually get a pretty good price.