Report Abuse

DON'T DO IT!!!

[Q=georgec229] IMG just call me said I have to think about it they ask for $1,428 for cost of title search I was burnt plenty of times already I will pass on this one I am just going to foreclose on property Wyndham just raised my maintenance to 429 a month I will go to every Wyndham property and also tell people not to buy their timeshares I have a million points and still cant get the weeks I want at other resorts either they take the timeshare back for what I owe or I will cost their business Wyndham will lose in the long run if its any scam its also Wyndham[/Q] I have no idea how or why you purchased a million points, as I can't imagine anyone having enough free time to spend more than a fraction of that amount and Wyndham points can't (as of March 19, 2009) be transferred or rented to anyone else. That aside, however: If you still owe loan money on what was (apparently) a developer-direct purchase originally, then no upfront fee company on Planet Earth can do ANYTHING for you. That ongoing debt has to be resolved in order to transfer ownership or title, plain and simple. In truth, NO ONE is going to willingly "buy" someone else's existing debt when free and clear timeshares are available at "a dime a dozen" prices these days. Accordingly, *PLEASE* don't throw more good money away by feeding it to ANY upfront fee parasites. You may have two separate problems / issues here: If your financing was through any entity which was not Wyndham itself, then you have a (separate) loan legal issue with that entity. Wyndham foreclosing on you will NOT make that loan issue "go away" if the loan was (or later became) separate from Wyndham itself. If that's the case, Wyndham can't negotiate regarding a loan that's not currently "in house" (i.e., still held within Wyndham). I would respectfully suggest contacting Wyndham headquarters directly in Orlando,FL (in writing --- NOT by phone) and explain your situation --- rationally, factually and in detail in a polite letter to their Legal Dept. That way, you will at least obtain a clear picture of their willingness (if any) to negotiate a resolution with you. Obviously, you will lose whatever equity (money) you have already invested to date; there will certainly be no chance of any "refunds", and you would forfeit your exisiting points balance and ownership. But, it sounds like it may be time for you to try to somehow stop the bleeding and cut your losses ASAP. DO NOT pay ANY upfront fee entity a DIME. If you still owe money on your timeshare, there isn't a thing on Earth any upfront fee parasite can possibly do for you. Period, amen. I have read of instances of people who were in dire financial straights successfully negotiating an "out" with Wyndham. Except for their lying developer-direct sales weasels (a curse which is, unfortunately, common to ALL companies), Wyndham overall is not a bad company or timeshare system for its owners, at least in my experience. In summary: Ignore any and all upfront fee parasites completely. Don't pay ANY entity a penny "upfront" under any circumstances. Contact Wyndham (in writing ONLY) and at least TRY to seek and negotiate a solution there. Be factual and rational and you may find that you can find a satisfactory (if painful) way out. If you just rant and rave with them, you'll just be summarily ignored. Remember --- no one ever "forced" you to make that voluntary choice to purchase... Give it a shot. I sincerely wish you luck.