Report Abuse

Re: FROM THE FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE CONCERNING TIMESHARE COMPLAINTS (very important)

My information below was posted in Sept 2008 ... so far, only a few upfront fee scammers have been shut down by the Fla attorney general .... what's the hold-up since ALL upfront fee companies lie (deception/mislead) going so far as to tell prospective clients that they have a buyer for their timeshare (when they do not) and other such lies ... I can assure you that Mr. McCollum's office has had thousands upon thousands of complaints against these scammers, but they are still in their (deceptive) business(es) .... I would have to ask Mr. McCollum why these deceptive practices still exist ... could it be that outting these scammers would open a huge can of worms in the state of Fla since there are so many scammers operating there ... it's rampant in that state. [i]Attorney General McCollum is concerned with all potentially unfair and deceptive trade practices that mislead consumers. By law, this office exercises statutory authority to address consumer fraud under Chapter 501, Part II, Florida Statutes, known as Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Our office focuses its enforcement efforts on business practices by companies which harm numerous consumers in more than one judicial circuit. We use complaints to develop information about patterns of business activity which may indicate the need for formal investigation or action by our office to protect the broad public interest.[/i]