Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Please note that some of us like what we have with DRI and not looking to sue them. I know that many of owners are concerned about the maintenance fees increases. I don't like them either. However, I have been reading in other forums how prices have increased drastically in other timeshare companies as well. Starwood comes to mind right away as an example. With this economy ever so slowly trying to recover, we are seeing some of that fallout. Also, I have seen improvements in many of properties as well. I am just hoping that with everyone looking to sue DRI that it will not negatively affect us all as our administrative and maintenance fees increase because of the increase in legal fees for DRI. I have read many posts on this forum of people who either did not read what they signed or have not figured out how to use their membership to their advantage. To me these are not other owners' issues, but their own. The paperwork has not changed. You have over a week to READ the paperwork and RECIND if you don't like what you read. I see many of these folks as similar to those who blaming everyone else for their bad loans that they signed. Forget what the salesman told you. If you did not research or read before you bought, that is your own fault. I don't think the other owners should have to pay for your unhappiness and now you want out. The rules are very, very clear. Learn how to use it or sell it. It is just that simple. (I know selling isn't easy right now.) I just get tired of reading what in my opinion are whiners on this forum. It is interesting on both TUG and Timeshare Forums that there are not half the complaints that I see on this sight. Maybe it's because more of them are more sophisticated at using the system.