Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

I am glad to hear a positive comment about Belaire and I just arrived from Puerto Vallarta. My and family and I have been there since Dec. 13 spending Christmas and New Year. During our almost a month stay in Puerto Vallarta from Dec. 13 - Jan 9, we stayed most of the time in our units at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta. On the week of Dec 27th we stayed at a 3-BR unit at the Caracoles, a condominium resort across the Belaire. I had this arranged through Belaire because we would like to get close to downtown Puerto Vallarta during the New Year. Being Belaire not ready for occupancy, Karla and Sylvia were excellent in arranging our alternate accommodation at Caracoles. In fact, she was asking my wife and daughters for their spa booking - again being part of the Belaire ownership benefits, and, I wished I went out golfing 'cause she was going to book it for me. Twice we visited Belaire and about the status of construction, indeed, the glass siding/windows were being installed up to the 3rd floor of the first tower and steel beams were being delivered on site. There was a large sign indicating the first tower being sold out. Construction workers and equipments were busy on the site. I had a good chat with one of the Salesman who also owns a restaurant downtown. I did confidentially express to him my concern about the progress of the construction. Similarly, he informed me about the problem that the builder encountered in the foundation work. I saw the condition when they were excavating the foundation of the first tower during our site visit on March of 2008 and being an engineer in profession, I could relate what he was telling me. However, similar to the construction activity in Belaire, the situation at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta and the speed of construction are entirely different. In March of 2008, we stayed at the yellow building during our first week and then moved to the red building the next week. There are 3 big buildings colored blue, red and yellow fronting the large swimming pool. Apparently, those 3 buildings were torn down later after our stay replacing them with newer and taller buildings and the entire site being re-landscape. How fast is Mayan Palace constructing their buildings and landscaping their site? When we arrived last Dec. 13, we had to stay at the building where the main lobby is located because the the 3 buildings (colored blue, red & yellow) were gone. Immediately adjacent to the those former buildings site is a huge building called Grand Luxe almost complete and apparently, ready for opening this coming May. On the other side of the building we stayed is another huge 10-storey building called Grand Bliss that is also expected to be opened later this year. And the portion of the large swimming pool that was cut off is being replaced with a larger and elevated swimming pool. Then on the back 9 of the golf course a beautifully designed marina-type market place and entertainment plaza is being built. A new back 9 of the golf course will be built across the bird sanctuary. All these construction activities within the Mayan Palace ground in Nuevo Vallarta are being done simultaneously and around the clock! One interesting information that I would like to share is, I had a chat with the Timeshare Sales Manager at Villa del Palmer in Nuevo Vallarta. He was an administration staff of Belaire in 2007 when we purchased our unit and I did confidentially asked his opinion about the situation in Belaire. His answer is, there is construction activity going on now. Before we left Puerto Vallarta, I sent an email to Sylvia to thank her for arranging our stay at the Caracoles during the New Years week. At the same time, I acknowledged to her that I am contemplating of exercising the guaranteed buy-back condition of the contract and her reply is, soon as the first tower is ready for occupancy they will be ready to provide the documentations. The expected opening of Belaire I believe is, early August or September. I guess we all have our concerns. In our case, we weigh the positive and negative options and sometimes get carried away with too many negative comments. The interesting part is, when I try to work out with these negative comments to act and do something to benefit others I get no support. With what we have seen lately, Belaire may take time to complete and when it is completed, it will raise some eyebrows. With its interior design and layout of rooms, quality of material to use, general location and the amenities that goes with the ownership, it will be something to talk about. My wife and I are both optimists and we both share the same sentiment and should we sell our unit then, that will be a decision that we will exercise. I hope this info will help others!