Report Abuse

Re: timeshare renting

In my experience, many of the companies that contact YOU can be scam companies that are simply looking for your money. There are legitimate companies out there, but like anything else, you have to do your research. Obviously the most important factor regarding whether you successfully rent your property is: Can the renters find your ad?? You have to think like a renter-- if you turn to the internet and search for the resort you are looking for, can you find the company easily online? Google and the other search engines will put the most legitimate companies on the first page of their search results typically. I have a timeshare with accelerated usage so I have a lot of weeks to rent out, and I did several months of research before determining which company to use. I used third party companies like alexa.com to see the companies that get the most web traffic-- the logic is, the more traffic they get, the more potential renters you will be able to find! I hope that this helps-- Its unfortunate that there are so many scam companies out there!! Out of the "good" companies, you have to determine how much of a "hands-on" approach you want to take. Self service companies like redweek, myresortnetwork, etc, can be useful to some people. I personally don't have as much knowledge/time to handle the entire rental process myself, so I chose to spend a bit more to have the company handle all of the details. This is obviously a personal choice depending on how much you wish to be involved in the rental process! Good Luck!!