Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=michaeld414] I was at the Annual Meeting on Kauai last February, it was a very manipulated agenda... There were many angry owners present (the majority present were angry) and many wanted to make comments, but were told to wait until the meeting ended... That was to keep the anger out of the actual minutes of the meeting, which are a legal record available to all members... This past week I tried to make a reservation for the Oceanfront we had paid for, exactely 13 months out for the end of November 2010... NONE were available, yet there were four (4) reservations available if I were going to pay cash ($9,292.31 - 9,494.66) for each two week period... When I called they told me that the units available for members were all booked... .[/Q] Just a note, I own a deeded OF at Pointe at Poipu, and faxed in my reservation exactly 360 days in advance, 1 min after midnight, and got a confirmed oceanfront unit for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, 2010. I think the issue is they have to prorate or limit the reservations to those who bought in the collection, or who own deeded weeks. They gotta save deeded weeks, and if not used, will make those available for points folks What frosts me is the points groups can reserve 13 months out, yet deeded owners can only go 360 days.