Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

We have just returned from three weeks in Puerto Vallarta. We stayed at Velas Vallarta and every time we walked out the front door we could see the painted white steel skelton structure that is Belaire. Finally one evening, I walked over and at the entrance there was a little billboard promoting breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resturant called Chi Chi. The man gave me a 20% discount coupon. I did not tell him that we had already purchased over three years ago. When I asked about what the structure was he told me that the building was to be a luxury residence, but that the developer and the contruction compay have parted ways due to a dispute and that it is in the hands of the lawyers. I walked around and except for a large black truck sticking out of the basement there was no other building materials or personnel at the site. The glass does not go all around and there is one piller by itself that is not shown in the internet picture. There were suppose to be eight in all where the one separate one is. I went back a few days later to find out the hours for dinner. At that time the truck was gone and only rubbish is left in one corner. The man told me that the steel is coming from Monterey but they can not continue until the weather gets better as they cannot weld when it is raining. During the three weeks that we were there we had one cloudy day and NO RAIN. We returned on a Sunday ,but they do not serve on Sunday so we could just look around. Those who purchased I sure you remember the sales area that is up front. They are making it into an internet cafe and they have purchased new tables and chairs, new coffee machines and curtains for the walls as they plan on air conditioning the space. We did return the next night for dinner which was excellent and moderately priced. I did not tell our server that I had arleady purchased as I wanted to get as much information out of him. The area around the restaurant is beautiful and when I asked him what was in the rest of the building he told me to come for a free breakfast and a 20 MINUTE presentation and I would be able to look around. I asked him how people know where the resturant is he told me that they pass out invitations for breakfast and lunch and I am sure for a sales pitch. In other words, they are still selling. I returned a few days later to thank the security guy for arranging a golf cart transportation back to Vellas and I remarked that nothing seems to be going on at the contruction site and he told me that they are still interviewing propective construction companies and nobody has been hired. But they plan on finishing by November so people can use the facility after that. We did also visit Mirmar and the facility is almost complete. The first section of rooms are done and people were staying there. The workers were working on the spa and the pool area, some of the rooms and the new structure that is going rapidly up. The grand opening has been planned for May. When I inquired as to a rumor that they were connected to Belaire the manager of sales that we spoke with told me that they were never officially part of Belaire, No permission was ever given for those who had purchased to use that facility. In fact Antonio had thought that the construction company would just come over and finsh Belaire. If you would want to learn more contact Henry at superhvanegas@yahoo.com. Now for my opinion. Will Belaire ever be finished by November or maybe ever by by the present developer? No way, Jose. Miracles do happen but in this case it will take more than a miracle. Any questions, my email is hobyhaus@sbcglobal.net.