Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

Hello Mike, My name is Ramon Caluttung. Like yourself, my wife and I bought into the Belaire in 2007. In reading all those comments in RedWeek.com our concern about Belaire's operation is becoming more and more disturbing. We have been quite patient trying to consider the economic situation and all the construction problems that are confronting the developer. I have maintained periodic communications with the Belaire people specially those 2 ladies in the administration, Sylvia and Karla. One of the Clauses in the Contract that we signed under our purchase agreement is a clause pertaining to the Buy-Back Guarantee. It says that Belaire guarantees to buy back after 2 years. I am sure everybody else including yourself must have had clause. I have sent messages to Sylvia and Karla with a copy to Profeco and, in a business-like manner I have indicated to them that I would like to excercise the Buy Back Clause . Profeco in turn asked me to send them the contract documents we signed with Belaire. I am still hoping that eventually Belaire will open up for operation. I am sure that the Government of Mexico will not tolerate the situation much longer because of the possibility of a negative impact to their tourism industry. Perhaps we all can put our heads together and have our actions coordinated. Please contact me at: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca