Report Abuse

Wyndham acquired and now owns RCI --- So what ???

[Q=kr96] If Wyndham owns RCI why do we have to pay for a week and also book a week of points. This seems a scam to me. I think the exchange rate this year is $179.00 + our points. And I agree, never go to a Wyndham meeting, that why we have a problem now. karyl 96[/Q] The fact that Wyndham acquired and now owns RCI is completely irrelevant when it comes to "exchanging". A corporate relationship between the two entities does not guarantee (or provide) any "free lunches" to either Wyndham owners or RCI members (...and never did). In short, there are ALWAYS exchange fees imposed in ANY AND EVERY exchange system on Planet Earth when attempting to use something not owned outright by deed. I'm certainly no fan of RCI (...or of exchanging, for that matter), but it is not factually accurate to just label it a "scam" because exchange fees are imposed. Exchange fees are simply a cost of conducting exchanges for something you don't actually own by deed, no matter WHO you exchange with or through...