Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point System

How is it that the Trust Owners Administration is made of people who are owners of the Land Trust? That is no different from folks who bought a timeshare and sit on the BOD of their home resort? Florida does not allow the Developer, any Developer to have majority vote of a land trust. I'm not challenging you and I don't work for Marriott, I spent good money on a Hawaii timeshare with Marriott and I'm reading everything cause I'm a bit spooked about wether or not to enroll. I concerned about skimming like anyone else and when I asked about my home resort they (sales gal) said I can always book my home resort without electing to take points if that is what I want to do. The old system I could just bank and trade back in but I tried one time and could'nt get it at all. II said it's probably because there are fewer weeks deposited from the region as a whole with summer dates. I don't know if I will benefit from the points program as I look at my personal useage, but I suppose I'm not opposed to the system being changed so long as I have my home resort with the legacy inventory. And, there are difinately two inventories at every resort in the trust so for me, well, I'm comfortable that as long as I book my home resort I'm okay.